Business Process Owner - Labor Allocation
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Business Process Owner - Labor Allocation is responsible for managing all operational aspects of Old Navy's Labor Allocation Model. This position is responsible for maintaining the foundation of the labor model and ensuring its accuracy at an individual store level.This position is expected to accurately allocate labor hours and payroll while meticulously validating and troubleshooting all systems related issues. Above process management, it is expected that this position identifies opportunities for continuous improvement to systems and business partner relationships.This position is required to work closely with the Field Finance Team to ensure that the labor allocation meets the organization's fiduciary requirements.
• Collaboration and influencing
• Customer Impact
• Learning Agility
• Ensure the labor allocation accurately reflects the brand's processes, service model, and payroll budget
• Update the Labor Model based on current workload demand and attributes
• Ensure weekly labor hours are generated and communicated accurately for all stores
• Work with HQ business partners to coordinate and manage weekly workload requirements for stores
• Coordinate, communicate, and track necessary hour adjustments
• Respond to field questions regarding payroll allocation
• Support the maintenance of and updates to the centralized scheduling system
• Create and maintain reporting to support the Store Operations team
- Overcomes obstacles with creative problem solving and collaboration at all levels of leadership
- Strong business acumen skills, including financial and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to actively learn and immediately apply learning's into decisions and behaviors
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access Skills, including Visual Basic
- Knowledge and experience with Essbase databases preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to build peer relationships and influence others
- Previous store experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability establish clear priorities
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in similar role preferred
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including night and weekends
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top