Business Analyst - Mission Control
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Business Analyst will provide actionable insights to Business Partners by analyzing data from multiple data sources, to solve problems and evaluate complex scenarios. This role must demonstrate an ability to take ambiguous business challenges and provide analytical solutions, make informed, data driven decisions to drive growth across all digital properties. Understanding monthly business forecasts and ecommerce analytics such as traffic, conversion, net demand and average order size is a must.
In this role, you will work across Production, Digital Marketing, GapTech and Business Planning teams.
- Identify real time business drivers that may be negatively impacting business performance vs forecast.
- Provide solutions or ideas to pivot a downward trend in business
- Monitor, alert, and communicate appropriate trends based on Business goals and propose actionable insights to steer the business in the right direction
- Ensure dashboards are up to date and accurate
- Assess marketing channels real time and understand how they're impacting the business
- Notify marketing channel managers if channel is under performing
- Support the brands with any additional deep analysis that needs to be done
- Demonstrate professional conflict resolution and interpersonal communication skills
- Ensure effective communications up, down and across the business
- Ability to promote collaboration and teamwork
- College degree; ideally in Finance, Business, or Computer Science
- 4+ years as a Business Analyst, Marketing or FP&A ideally in eCommerce
- Proven experience to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and fast pace environment is crucial
- Ability to promote collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate to all levels and multiple departments.
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top