Bilingual - Customer Support Specialist I - Remote
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Customer Support Fraud Specialist I position fields a variety of inbound calls from external as well as internal customers. The Fraud Specialist I manages order reviews, customer issues and de-escalates customers. This position requires placing outbound calls to customers for verification of billing information.
Must live in the Columbus, Ohio our the surrounding Central Ohio Counties to be considered for this position.
Must be fluent in English as well as speaking, reading and writing in any of the languages listed; French, German, Korean and Spanish.
Business & Finances:
- Ability to research and resolve (clear, cancel, customer/bank follow-up) orders utilizing fraud tools.
- Make outbound and receive inbound customer phone calls to limit fraud. Resolve customer issues while following the department guidelines for verification.
- Resolve orders that are held for fraud checks utilizing the fraud tools while maintaining department goal set for chargebacks.
- Be comfortable working in a PC environment using an order entry system for order review, fraud review and order entry, and an email system for email management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with banks and credit card companies.
- Strive to enhance all business relationships by helping out teammates.
- Use performance measures to control and enhance productivity and quality.
- Actively receive and respond to feedback on performance measures.
- Maintain and uphold all department standards including quality scores, business actions, and productivity levels.
- Assist in all other areas of Gap Inc Direct including the call center and distribution center.
Customers & Markets:
- Effectively identify customers' needs and provide accurate solutions.
- Ensure a superior customer experience that fully supports the Gap Inc. brand promises including retaining and building customer loyalty.
- Consistently and successfully deescalate customer issues while remaining empathetic in tone and demeanor.
- Recognize and act on Gap Inc.'s need to capture our customers' feedback.
- Act as a customer advocate by researching and resolving complex customer concerns in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Become an expert on brand policies and procedures in order to provide accurate information to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with our internal customers, including field and contact center teams.
Managing & Operating Practices:
- Effectively operate in a high paced work environment, multi-tasking several job responsibilities throughout a general workday.
- Utilize professional conflict resolution and interpersonal communication skills.
- Consistently maintain a high level of accuracy in noting customers' orders and correspondence via email.
- Assist in special customer support projects and maintain flexibility with regards to projects and job duties.
- Provide input and ideas to enhance systems and programs.
- Initiate and maintain professional communications within the department and across the business. Convey information to internal business partners via established processes.
- Maintain motivation, identifying personal strengths and opportunities and working with supervisor to develop career enhancing skills.
- Timely completion of work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A passion for the customer and ability to deliver exceptional customer service on a consistent basis.
- Intermediate Order Management System understanding and skills.
- Provide outstanding customer service by demonstrated abilities in managing escalated customer issues with limited assistance.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Capability of working in a fast paced environment, multi-tasking, and showing a genuine interest in satisfying the customer, while meeting our service performance standards.
- Professional telephone voice and phone etiquette.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated teamwork and flexibility.
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Outlook, internet or other software/database skills.
- High School Diploma or GED with some college preferred.
- 1 - 3 years in Customer Service and Contact Center Operations.
- 1 year experience with credit card service and banks a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top