Big Data Solutions Architect
Gap Inc is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect with a focused background in Big Data, BI, and Data Warehousing. You will have the opportunity to be part of a creative team responsible for building a customer-centric data-platform supporting our Omni-channel business, seamless inventory management and PRODUCT 3.0 company initiatives. As a Solution Architect, you will architect, design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Solutions. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of Gap’s Information architecture while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world-class solutions.
- Collaborate in planning initiatives in Application Development, System Architecture, Future Roadmaps, Operations and Strategic Planning
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements. Determine how to leverage technology to create solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Present solutions to the business, project teams, and other stakeholders with the ability to speak technical and non-technical
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solution.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Educate organization on available and emerging toolsets.
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers
- Attention to detail, time management, work prioritization, multi-tasking, estimate tasks, on-time deliverables, task delegation & follow-ups
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise.
- Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
Experience in building Business Intelligence platforms in an enterprise environment.
Data integration (batch, micro-batches, real-time data streaming) across Hadoop, RDMSs, NoSQL (MongoDB, Hbase) and Datawarehousing (Teradata preferred) systems;
Building real-time data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, Storm, Flume
Extensive experience using Python, R, Scala, Pig, Hive
Building consumption frameworks on Hadoop (Restful services, Self-service BI and Analytics)
Solid understanding of MapReduce and HDFS footprints
Hadoop security, Data management and Governance
Experience in Test Driven Development using Frameworks
Experience in one or more analytical modeling tools/workbench (Jupyter or Zeppelin)
Experience in SAS is a plus
Minimum of 5 years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 3 years of architecting strategic, scalable BI, Bigdata solutions
Ability to understand business requirements and building pragmatic/cost effective solutions using Agile project methodologies
Ability to collaborate with business users to understand requirements
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills – White board, small and large group presentations
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field. Masters in a related field would be a plus
Back to top