Big Data Solutions Architect
Gap Inc is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect with a focused background in Big Data, BI, and Data Warehousing. You will have the opportunity to be part of a creative team responsible for building a customer-centric data-platform supporting our Omni-channel business, seamless inventory management and PRODUCT 3.0 company initiatives. As a Solution Architect, you will architect, design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Solutions. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of Gap’s Information architecture while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world-class solutions.
- Collaborate in planning initiatives in Application Development, System Architecture, Future Roadmaps, Operations and Strategic Planning
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements. Determine how to leverage technology to create solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Present solutions to the business, project teams, and other stakeholders with the ability to speak technical and non-technical
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solution.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Educate organization on available and emerging toolsets.
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers
- Attention to detail, time management, work prioritization, multi-tasking, estimate tasks, on-time deliverables, task delegation & follow-ups
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise.
- Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
- Experience in building Business Intelligence platforms in an enterprise environment.
- Data integration (batch, micro-batches, real-time data streaming) across Hadoop, RDMSs, NoSQL (MongoDB, Hbase) and Datawarehousing (Teradata preferred) systems;
- Building real-time data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, Storm, Flume
- Extensive experience using Python, R, Scala, Pig, Hive
- Building consumption frameworks on Hadoop (Restful services, Self-service BI and Analytics)
- Solid understanding of MapReduce and HDFS footprints
- Hadoop security, Data management and Governance
- Experience in Test Driven Development using Frameworks
- Experience in one or more analytical modeling tools/workbench (Jupyter or Zeppelin)
- Experience in SAS is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 3 years of architecting strategic, scalable BI, Bigdata solutions
- Ability to understand business requirements and building pragmatic/cost effective solutions using Agile project methodologies
- Ability to collaborate with business users to understand requirements
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills – White board, small and large group presentations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field. Masters in a related field would be a plus
Back to top