Audio Visual and Video Conferencing Engineer
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
- Integrate complex sound systems, video production packages, lighting, and display technologies.
- Technical SME for AV and Video Conferencing software and hardware solutions, including the ability to perform end to end troubleshooting for AV and Video Conferencing systems
- Gather requirements and be able to translate them to technical solutions.
- Own technical delivery of AV/VC projects, from design through delivery and transition to support.
- Responsible for the analysis, evaluation of existing services/technologies as well as the recommendation of additions, improvements, and changes in AV & VC services
- Partner with internal business and technical teams, as well as AV vendors in delivery of solutions as well as troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Effectively manage AV integrator efforts on specific projects as well as maintenance contracts
- Use data to help make effective technology decisions
- Be a champion for the employee experience with our technologies
- Able to travel to different offices within the SF Bay Area and occasionally to other remote locations
- Innovate and enhance the quality, reliability, and functionality of our AV and VC systems
- Own and maintain system design standards
- 3+ years of AV and video conferencing experience, preferably in an engineering role
- 3+ years' experience with typical event/theatre space technologies: broadcast AV, routing and control systems, production lighting, LED/LCD displays, projection systems, live streaming infrastructure, custom audio visual installations, video conferencing, etc.
- 3+ years' experience troubleshooting AV, networking and computer systems
- Experience deploying and supporting Zoom and Cisco based video conferencing and room systems (Experience with O365, Microsoft Teams, and Skype for Business is a plus)
- Ability to perform end-to-end troubleshooting for AV, voice, video and UC systems.
- Understanding of how content distribution networks work and why they are necessary
- A/V live production experience including live switching/routing of audio, video or content for a produced event
- Post-production experience with Adobe Premier and/or similar video editing software
- Proven ability in analyzing problems or process opportunities and recommending sound, creative, logical solutions
- Strong conceptual and analytic thinking skills with the ability to independently drive timely resolution of complex issues
- Ability to evaluate business requirements and turning them in to technical designs
- Skilled at developing technical documentation and training other team members
- Innovation mindset - always looking for new and better ways to improve the employee experience (!!!)
- Strong desire to learn and develop new technologies
- Creative problem-solving, analytical skills, agile under pressure, and sound business judgment
- Ability to effectively manage projects and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to write RCAs, design and support documentation, produce project status reports, and communicate deliverables to all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across several diverse technical and non-technical groups
- Strong work ethic and a great sense of humor, high judgement, technically curious, and team-oriented
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top