Associate Technical Designer– Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
The Associate Technical Designer role is an entry level pre-manufacturing function, responsible for facilitating a limited group of apparel styles from design concept and first prototype to a final, production ready prototype. Position supports multiple team members and requires a high level of supervision.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support department, as led by supervisor, while learning key product area.
- Gain clear direction and consensus of design aesthetic, fit intent and construction, while maintaining corporate standards.
- Observe, learn and emulate how to effectively communicate design's fit intent.
- Prepare samples for fittings, participate in fit sessions, and take notes.
- Evaluate garment to ensure global compliance of spec and construction.
- Learn to identify and communicate basic quality and costing issues.
- Learn to Identify and communicate fit and balance issues.
- Work with supervisor to meet seasonal deadlines.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Demonstrate accountability for work commitments.
- Foster open communication and team environment with all business partners
ONE HARRISON STREET
Minimum educational level
- Formal education in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
- 0-3 years' experience in the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with working knowledge of total production timeline.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Working knowledge of pattern making, construction and fit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills with ability to multi task
- Preferred computer skills – PLM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Pattern making software (including, Geber, Lectra, Optitex) Microsoft Office Suite
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top