Associate Stylist - Photo Studio
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Associate Stylist is responsible for executing product styling at Gap Inc's in-house Photo Studio. This role will be styling product on figure in our San Francisco photo production operations. The Associate Stylist will work with our internal and external partners to ensure brand aesthetics are applied consistently for the brand.
What you'll do
- Execute product styling consistent with the brands styling point of view, to include laydown, hanging, pin-ups, mannequin, on figure and special laydown techniques.
- Understand the marketing and merchandising seasonal objectives and executing visual direction based on those objectives.
- Collaborate and foster partnerships with online brand styling/creative team to promote/ensure product styling consistency across all channels by utilizing deep functional expertise to recommend and implement solutions.
- Create, maintain the support the brand product style guide for the e-commerce site and effectively communication changes to affected cross functional business partners.
- Responsible for training stylist freelance talent.
- Drive photography workflow by assessing the volume and photography set requirements.
- Identify, document & presenting process efficiencies within the Styling/Photography workflow.
- Ability to balance creative with strategic deliverables.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams - Photo Studio, creative, merchandising, and marketing.
- Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated with leadership skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with Capture One, Word, Excel and ability to master internal databases proficiently. FileMaker Pro and databases in general.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top