Associate Stylist, Photo Studio
- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
What you'll do
- Pull and organize samples for all photoshoots while maintaining and driving a high level of organization of the seasonal samples as well as the styling closet & kit
- Partner with the sample management team to develop & be responsible for daily & seasonal sample organization ensuring the sample flow between sets and closets is maintained and protected
- Partner with Merchandising team to ensure product is represented and protected with business initiatives in mind throughout styling process
- Own style outs and on-set styling for respective division(s) with a cohesive understanding of the product, styling and merchandising strategies
- Partner with studio Styling Manager and Senior Stylist to review style outs & photography with ability to take feedback, make changes, and apply learnings forward
- Develop & maintain cross-functional relationships with Merchandising, Sample, Production and HQ Styling teams to be a product expert for respective division(s)
- Maintain and execute on the standard operating procedures and the styling guidelines
- Assist Stylists on fittings for all photo shoots with ability to speak to fit, product attributes, strategy, assortment, and product life cycle any given time
- Ensure product attributes and shot variations for each product are being protected against the Style Guide
- Keep up to date on trends as they relate to fashion, retail, and photography and consistently provide fresh and innovative ways of evolving
- Ability to adapt quickly to change based on needs of the business
- Execute and drive a strong attention to detail with an emphasis on style that pertains to the Old Navy customer
- Ability to manage time efficiently, execute under tight deadlines, and maintain high quality standards that represent the brand
- Work on additional projects as needed
Who you are
- 2-5 years of professional on-figure styling experience within a commercial and editorial photography studio with a proven knowledge of supporting and driving a brand vision
- Professional on-figure portfolio
- Understanding of market trends, visual composition & storytelling
- Exceptionally organized with experience in creating and managing processes
- Strong eye for detail and fit
- Knowledge of commercial studio workflow
- Previous experience working in a commercial photo studio
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow simultaneously including prioritization, planning and task delegation under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office and Google Docs
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top