Associate Store Manager - Athleta - Westfarms
The Associate Store Manager is a brand consumer and brand advocate for Athleta Retail Stores. The role supports the General Manager in driving an innovative, amazing customer experience in an effort to operate sales profitably. The Athleta Associate Store Manager serves as an important field representative on the brand's cross-functional team, partnering with the GM to execute on merchandise product lines, brand marketing messages, and key assortment plans, while helping to develop and execute a brand-right customer service experience that exceeds expectations and sets Athleta apart from the competition. The manager is responsible for translating the business plans and strategies developed by the General Manager into day-to-day implementation plans and actions for teams. As Athleta Retail Stores are equivalent to a start-up, the role is integral in recognizing and advocating for continuous process improvements, partnering with the General Manager and striking the balance between customer analytics and 'gut' service strategies that create a compelling, innovative experience that delights our customer and always exceeds her expectations. The Associate Store Manager assists in the assessment of test store assumptions and creation of brand-right strategies for Athleta store expansion. Implements action plans to improve key performance indicators to maximize business Partners with GM to drive store employee talent attraction and retention efforts to drive maximum employee engagement Responsible for hiring and recruiting of store employees Provides on-the-job training to new employees Assesses the effectiveness of the team, and provides the appropriate level of coaching performance feedback Provides regular check-ins and on-going coaching/development for employees Creates, reviews and adjust schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels to deliver the customer experience Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in store through individual and team customer interactions Promotes community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty, partnering with marketing team in creating and executing community initiatives, events and promotions Fosters customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team Ensures optimal floor coverage to maximize customer engagement, selling and task completion based upon the payroll goal Serves as leader on duty Responsible for employee files and audit compliance Creates and outstanding shopping experience bringing Athleta to life through this new expression of the brand (understands and leverages Call Center, catalog & online store) Has a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example Creates an inspiring shopping environment through effective merchandising capability, high in store standards and compelling visual presentation Completes projects as assigned by General Manager Responsible for store opening and closing procedures This role may require a focus on one or more specialties including but not limited to visual merchandising, human resources, community involvement, inventory management Reports to General Manager Interacts with all levels of team, customer, community and corporate partners Supervises sales team
- Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with employees and customers
- Possesses a strong character/ethical core - distinctly knows the difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing.
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal. Can communicate a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion.
- Results driven - Inspires and motivates to exceed goals
- Skilled problem-solver - Applies rigorous logic & methods to solve ambiguous problems
- Effectively prioritizes and provides focus for self and team
- Effective communicator - Clearly articulates point-of-view, adapts communication style to audience, listens and asks questions to solicit feedback, and disseminates information effectively.
- Knowledge of in store systems, policy and procedure
- Effective written communication
- Minimum 3 years retail experience with emphasis on store operations and/or customer service
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights and weekends as appropriate to schedule requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
- College degree preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top