Associate Store Manager - Athleta - Lexington, KY
The Associate Store Manager is a brand consumer and brand advocate for Athleta Retail Stores. The role supports the General Manager in driving an innovative, amazing customer experience in an effort to operate sales profitably. The Athleta Associate Store Manager serves as an important field representative on the brand's cross-functional team, partnering with the GM to execute on merchandise product lines, brand marketing messages, and key assortment plans, while helping to develop and execute a brand-right customer service experience that exceeds expectations and sets Athleta apart from the competition. The manager is responsible for translating the business plans and strategies developed by the General Manager into day-to-day implementation plans and actions for teams.
This role assesses customer experience feedback and ensures the development of action plans for improvement, to address concerns, and maintain a consistently compelling, innovative experience that delights our customer and consistently exceeds her expectations. The GM models and can clearly articulate the Athleta vision and strategy to store team in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements action plans to improve key performance indicators to maximize business
- Partners with GM to drive store employee talent attraction and retention efforts to drive maximum employee engagement
- Responsible for hiring and recruiting of store employees
- Provides on-the-job training to new employees
- Assesses the effectiveness of the team, and provides the appropriate level of coaching performance feedback
- Provides regular check-ins and on-going coaching/development for employees
- Creates, reviews and adjust schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels to deliver the customer experience
- Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in store through individual and team customer interactions
- Promotes community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty, partnering with marketing team in creating and executing community initiatives, events and promotions
- Fosters customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team
- Ensures optimal floor coverage to maximize customer engagement, selling and task completion based upon the payroll goal
- Serves as leader on duty
- Responsible for employee files and audit compliance
- Creates and outstanding shopping experience bringing Athleta to life through this new expression of the brand (understands and leverages Call Center, catalog & online store)
- Has a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example
- Creates an inspiring shopping environment through effective merchandising capability, high in store standards and compelling visual presentation
- Completes projects as assigned by General Manager
- Responsible for store opening and closing procedures
- This role may require a focus on one or more specialties including but not limited to visual merchandising, human resources, community involvement, inventory management
4212 SUMMIT PLAZA DR
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with employees and customers
- Possesses a strong character/ethical core – distinctly knows the difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal. Can communicate a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion
- Results driven – Inspires and motivates to exceed goals
- Skilled problem-solver – Applies rigorous logic & methods to solve ambiguous problems
- Effectively prioritizes and provides focus for self and team, with appropriate attention to detail
- Effective Communicator (verbal and written) – Clearly articulates point-of-view, adapts communication style to audience, listens and asks questions to solicit feedback, and disseminates information effectively
- Leads through coaching and motivation. Can build a winning team filled to achieve the same end-goal. Sets a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain strong, business-oriented relationships with leaders at all levels.
- Possesses a strong visual merchandising sense; knows the power of styling to drive customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of in store systems, policy and procedure
- Minimum 3 years retail experience with emphasis on store operations and/or customer service
- College degree preferred
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights and weekends as appropriate to schedule requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top