Associate Software Engineer I - Java Full stack Developer
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Works with the team on the technical aspects of customer requirements.
- Participates in technical requirements analysis and in converting functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to develop software for simple complexity business problems within a project framework.
- Understands and develops solutions per Gap software development life cycle.
- Understands and follows Agile/XP development best practices: pair programming, test driven development
- Develops test plans & follows strategies for small to complex business problems
- Understands and is able to implement test strategy
- Analyzes and resolves problems of simple to medium complexity
- Troubleshoot and solve incidents of low complexity
- 3 - 5 years of development experience with Java in software industry
- Thorough understanding of OOPs concepts (Data Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism)
- Proficient working knowledge of Java - Collections, String handling, Multi-threading, Exception handling, Generics and Synchronization
- Hands on experience of frameworks like Struts or Spring(MVC, Core, JDBC, ORM, AOP)
- Hands on Experience in Unit testing frameworks like Junit / Mockito OR TDD.
- Thorough understanding of data structures and their application
- Familiarity with SQL and Joins. Able to develop queries against a database and incorporate such queries into a script for manual data extraction
- Basic knowledge of java script and DOM concepts
- Proficient working knowledge of Web Services (REST)
- Excellent communication skills - Oral and written
- Willing to learn and adapt rapidly
- Exposure to CI/CD tools like Jenkins, JIRA.
- Knowledge of Unstructured Database (NoSQL- MongoDB etc).
- Exposure to Agile development methodology
- Exposure to design patterns
- Exposure to code quality measures
- Exposure to external caching tools like Memcache, Redis
- Exposure to Cloud based apps like Azure and PCF
- Exposure towards integration patterns (RabbitMQ)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top