Associate Product Development Manager: Women's Woven Tops, Skirts & Dresses - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
Accountable to buildproduct, in partnership with Manager and Design, R&D, Tech Design,Merchandising & GIS, that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirementsagainst brand standards while also monitoring adherence for development to Key PerformanceIndicators for raw material and sample requests.
Accountable to build a linewith Design, that meets business requirements as briefed by Merchandising &Production. Deliver a line for bulk execution in line with class anddepartmental financial goals.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Manufacturing -- trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity.
- Fabric construction – mill timelines, fabric properties
- Garment production -- production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
- Retail math: AUC, AUR, IMU
- Good aesthetic, design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction
- Solid understanding of design process
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, web-based applications
- Effectivelycommunicate in written and verbal form
- Detail oriented with strong follow through
- Organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
- Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
- Influence others
- Negotiation skills
- Monitor employee performance, provide feedback, and develop employees through formal and on-the-job training
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Ability to react to change and deal with ambiguity
- Solicit feedback/self-development
- Make effective presentations
- Emphasis on driving and influencing business processes
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top