Associate, Payroll Operations - Field
GENERAL SUMMARY: Process payroll for store and distribution center employees. Support monthly, quarterly and annual payroll activities. Research and resolve inquiries cased to Payroll team. Support other areas of Payroll Operations including corporate payroll and garnishment activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process North American store and distribution center payroll, and payroll adjustments, for all stores and distribution centers
- Research payroll variances and process payroll adjustments, audit time records, review, approve, and generate payments by direct deposit, paper check and cash payments, key direct deposit setups, research and reissue stop payments and direct deposit payment rejections
- Process termination pay according to state, federal, and provincial guidelines
- Execute departmental controls to ensure accuracy of data and payments; review and approve exceptions transactions identified on audit reporting
- Meet established department performance standards; demonstrate exceptional customer service to meet/exceed Company designated goals and Service Level Agreements
- Adhere to department policies, controls and procedures such as confidentiality, data privacy, and proper handling of personally identifiable information (PII)
- Utilize measurements and reporting to identify and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement
- Research and resolve pay related inquiries, respond to requests for information from business partners, and maintain confidentiality by following department security protocols
- Complete projects as assigned by leadership
- Act as the backup for others on the Payroll Operations team providing coverage when absences occur
- Assist in the training of team members and documenting desktop procedures
- Act with integrity, respect and professionalism when interacting with team members and business partners
- Contribute to the department's health and success beyond daily roles and responsibilities through participation in choice of an action team or manager-approved individual contribution
4400 MASTHEAD ST.
This position reports to, and receives direction from the Employee Services Supervisor and Manager. Regular interaction occurs with Employee Services team members across the department and company. Internal customers include, but are not limited to, Store, Distribution Center, and Headquarters' employees. Additional interaction occurs with key business partners from HR functional areas and with external vendors and government agencies.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must adhere to assigned work schedule and be able to work occasional over-time, as well as early and/or late shifts on request
- Embrace change and enjoy a dynamic environment; willing to take on new responsibilities
- Be able to problem solve, recommend and facilitate solutions
- Ability to act quickly and professionally in high stress situations
- Ability to work on and organize several tasks concurrently/multi-task and meet stringent deadlines
- Demonstrate technical aptitude with web-based applications
- Display empathy and a strong understanding of emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative, and flexibility
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll and Payroll systems experience ideal, including the ability to build and run data queries
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; Demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills; Chooses appropriate tools or technology for tasks; Experiments with new processes, tools or technologies to determine applicability; Has the capability and knowledge base to share technical skills with others.
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; Values time; Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; Gets more done in less time than others; Can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; Spends the extra effort to put others at ease; Can be warm, pleasant and gracious; Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; Builds rapport well; Is a good listener; Is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Action Oriented: Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/see as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; Seizes more opportunities than others.
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; Works to deploy strengths; Works on compensating for weakness and limits.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top