Associate Merchandising Manager
- Hindsight business weekly/monthly/quarterly from product prospective. Identify market category opportunities/risks by season.
- Develop China seasonal product strategies for 3 markets.
- Attend Line Confirmation and other key milestone meetings, provide feedback on global assortment and adjust based on China customer needs and pre-aligned strategies.
- Independently complete the seasonal assortment plan, and involve the process from Investment Plan, roll up of buy plan till order implementation
- Download assortment to China IM, marketing and store operation teams - concept, big ideas, flow, distro, PR, CR, pricing.
- Partner with IM team in IR and ensure product strategies are reflected in the investment.
- Identify business/assortment holes and brief to global or local design for exclusive product development.
- Work with commercial planning/IM teams to define pre-season product stories for windows/promo.
- Recap product performance whether it hits/misses plan, provide suggestion on promo/visual/marketing.
- Understand product trends, historical data and provide product input when in-season decisions are being made.
- China regional market research - trend, consumer, competitors, pricing.
- Conduct quarterly pricing research to ensure our price architecture is always at the right position in the market.
- Work with strategy team on specific market research for certain category, product and project.
- Communicate China customer needs and assortment feedback/opportunities to global merchants.
- Liaise with global merchants and sourcing/production team to actualize against assortment plans
- Work closely with IM counterparts on a daily basis.
- Review buy plan, actual buy and inventory related to job scope centered for assortment plan
- Brief marketing team on seasonal global big ideas/concepts and China key investment to optimize the marketing plan. Ensure buy plan is in line with marketing plan
- Assist visual team to create seasonal visual directive that aligns with China assortment strategies.
- Manage assortment tool - ACT (program, cc, flow, distro, PR, CR, pricing)
- China Midsight
- Regional touchbase before global SVL
- China HS & SAM
- China Battle Plan
- Line Confirmation/Investment Week
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and strategical thinking.
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- High fashion sense, knowledge on textile, garment and its production process
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Creative thinking, proactive attitude, entrepreneur spirit
- Customer oriented.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of retail buying or merchandising experience
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top