Associate Marketing Manager- Brand Communications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Marketing Strategy: Partner with Senior Marketing Manager to develop the annual marketing plan for Gap Grater China (Mainland/Hong Kong/Taiwan) and ongoing seasonal and commercial plans, incorporating both in-store and out-of-store customer touch points (advertising, media plan, in-store signage, windows messaging, digital, PR, Promotions, Events, and traffic driving tactics). Liaise with Global Creative Center for assets request, usage, and delivery. Partners with in-country Senior Marketing Manager on assets adaption as appropriate for local customers in different geography. Understand the internal product and marketing pipeline Partner with and manage Creative Agency on assets development, including managing and executing photoshoots, creative brief and development, and media production (e.g. print and outdoor). Develop and manage timeline to ensure quality and delivery. Partner with and manage Media Agency on the execution of media plan and monitoring results. Understand the target customer in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan and translating this customer in briefs for internal and external partners. Translate the global Gap positioning in a way that resonates with the target customer and is strongly differentiated from competitive and company-owned brands. Understand competitive set, monitor and analyze their activities on an ongoing basis, passing along pertinent information in a timely manner to key stakeholders. Comprehend business and brand needs and can well translate the requirement in brief to internal key business partners and external agencies. Partner and work closely with cross-functional team from brief to delivery. Able to work and communicate efficiently with external agencies and internal Marketing team, Creative Service, Production, Store Operations, Visual Merchandising, Inventory Management, Legal, Commercial planning, CRM, e-commerce, Strategic Sourcing, Finance and IT. Marketing Execution: Develop briefs, create timelines and manage project executions based on set marketing plan. Responsible for managing in-market timelines on all marketing projects to ensure coordination and adherence. Responsible for managing agency and partners in executing production needs (e.g. production of materials etc) Work with Senior Marketing Manger on management of the Media Agency in development and execution of effective media plan(s) that deliver against the marketing plan and communicate relevantly to the target consumer in each market Manage updates and disseminate overall marketing activity calendar for key stakeholders. Act as a marketing information conduit for the in-market team, often times gathering pertinent creative (copy and or visuals) for use in in-market produced materials. Works with Senior Marketing Manager on management of Gap China marketing budget. Directly responsible for managing the accounts payable process for marketing including developing of purchase orders, working with agencies and internal finance to ensure payment on timely basis. Act as key liaison with Legal team to ensure all marketing materials are approved, and brand names, tag lines, collection names correctly trademarked where appropriate. Required to be conversant in daily sales performance in order to be able to act quickly if and when course-correction may be required. Coordinate and support in-market team and cross-function team to develop in-store marketing assets, including window, signage, promotion and creative. Supports in-market team for store openings as necessary.
External Creative agency and Media agency
Internal Marketing team, Creative Service, Production, Store Operations, Visual Merchandising, Inventory Management, Legal, Commercial planning, CRM, e-commerce, Strategic Sourcing, Finance and IT.
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Initiative: Ability to independently identify and capitalize on business opportunities, an agile self-starter, results-orientated, and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Leadership: Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams and complicated projects.
- Influence: Ability to influence across the organization, including senior management.
- Communication: Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analysis: Strong analytical and research skills, combined with sound business judgment.
- Creativity: Ability to generate creative ideas from analysis.
- Consumer Insight: Ability to be the "voice of the consumer".
- Brand: An understanding of the Gap brand (including aesthetic and taste level).
- Relationships: Proven experience and ability to work cross-functionally, especially with Creative organizations.
- Intellectual Horsepower: Ability to apply strategic thinking to Brand Marketing and business results.
- Cultural: An ability to interact with people in different cultures in a way that promotes understanding, and is respectful and effective.
- Language: Chinese (mandarin) & English language and/or knowledge of Chinese culture and consumer behavior in Mainland/Hong Kong/ Taiwan would be highly advantageous.
- Passion: For Retail!
- Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor degree.
- Experience Required
- 3-5 years of brand management, consumer or retail marketing experience, preferably in consumer packaged goods, retail or cosmetics.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top