Associate Manager (Visual Merchandising/Product) - Banana Republic Factory Store - 34th & 5th
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
As a member of the Banana Republic field leadership team, the Associate Manager is responsible for supporting the GM in creating the conditions for success in all aspects of their store's business, including: sourcing, selecting and developing all team members; executing store strategy to deliver annual field priorities and creating a compelling customer centric experience. Additionally, the Associate Manager is responsible for leading a rotating Division of Responsibility (Product, Talent and Operations) while achieving key business goals.
- Business Results: Consistently inspires team to achieve results and perform at a high level. Knows the competition and market trends to positively impact business. Supports driving the productivity of the team. Monitors labor to maximize productivity, optimize traffic and achieve sales goals. Supports implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies. Implements strategies and processes that deliver results.
- Customer Centric: Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers. Establishes effective relationships to build brand loyalty. Fosters a healthy and productive environment where employees can maximize their potential.
- Ambassador: Represents the brand, understands the competitors and drives excellent tenant and community relationships. Promotes store involvement in Community in Action programs. Upholds high quality store experiences for the internal and external customer. Builds effective cross brand and store center partnerships.
- Builds Highly Productive Teams: Sources, selects, develops and retains high potential talent and effectively assesses for skill and cultural fit. Supports team performance through, coaching and feedback. Teaches and trains leaders to build skill.
- Passionate: Knowledgeable and passionate about Banana Republic, our customer and our product.
- Accountable: Holds team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance. Supports efforts to reduce in store shrink activity through education and awareness. Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
- 2-4 years of retail management experience
- Customer focused
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Basic business acumen skills
- Established time management skills
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
- Communicates effectively
- Tech savvy
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and office
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province, if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top