Associate Manager, Retail Marketing - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Associate Manager, Retail Marketing is part of the Old Navy Marketing team.
JOBSUMMARY: Reporting to the Director ofRetail Marketing, the Associate Manager will be responsible for managing allmarketing support for Old Navy's new store openings and other key real estateinitiatives as well as non-promotional, evergreen in-store marketing collateral.The Associate Manager will collaborate across multiple functions both withinand outside of the Marketing department in order to deliver the most compellingand elevated marketing elements.
- Manage all marketing support for:
oOld Navy's real estate activity pipeline,including new store openings, remodels, relocations, and closures. Associate todrive both planning and execution of Old Navy's real estate campaign across bothin-store and external customer engagement vehicles.
oOldNavy's operational signage program and other non-promotional, evergreen signageprojects as needed.
oOldNavy's Real Estate, Operations, and Store Design teams.
oOldNavy in-store cross channel experiences (e.g. order in stores, buy online pickup in stores, email acquisition signage, etc). Help drive these programs andbring them to life in a bolder way.
- Project manage all relevant in-store marketingcollateral needs and updates from start to finish, including; creative andexecutional briefings, leadership approvals, proofing/editing, and detailedstore communications. Ensure timelines are accurate and deadlines are met, andcollateral accurately reflects the offering both in the store and through emailcommunication.
- Develop strong partnerships withcross-functional partners (Operations, Store Design, Merchandising, Creative,Print Production, Traffic and Oldnavy.com partners) to ensure alignment ofmarketing messages and flawless in-store execution.
- Stay abreast of changes/shifts in thebusiness in order to react quickly to print and in-store collateral deadlines.
- Coordinate timelines and due datesfor all projects and provide cross-functional updates as appropriate.
- Write detailed and informative storecommunication documents to ensure store associates are clear on the intent and strategyfor collateral.
- Assume additionalresponsibility/projects during peak periods in the business as needed.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work quickly underpressure and are comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Solution-oriented approach tochallenges and ability to dig in and find the answer with little directionAbility to see the "big picture" while remaining detailed-oriented.
- Cross functional team leader who canrally the troops.
- Ability to effectively communicatedetailed information (especially written communication) across teamsSelf-initiative and ability to work independently to drive for results
- Strong organizational and timemanagement / prioritization skills
- Excellent project management skills-ability to juggle small and large projects across multiple seasons Team playerwith strong interpersonal skills, able to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to build strong partnershipswith immediate team as well as cross-functional partners
- Must have clear and concisecommunication skills
- Have the ability to negotiate whenneeded
- Keen understanding of marketingconcepts and development
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- 3-6 years Marketing experience eitherin house or agency experience – retail experience a major plus Proficiency inMicrosoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- BA/BS degree; preferred major inBusiness or Marketing
- Ability to work effectively with alllevels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills
- Position is based at Old Navyheadquarters in San Francisco, CA (Mission Bay)
Primary Location US-CA-SAN FRANCISCOFull-time
Old Navy Headquarters - Marketing /PR
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top