Associate Manager, Retail Marketing
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Associate Manager, Retail Marketing is part of the Old Navy Marketing team.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Retail Marketing, the Associate Manager will be responsible for managing all marketing support for Old Navy's new store openings and other key real estate initiatives as well as non-promotional, evergreen in-store marketing collateral. The Associate Manager will collaborate across multiple functions both within and outside of the Marketing department in order to deliver the most compelling and elevated marketing elements.
- Manage all marketing support for:
oOld Navy's real estate activity pipeline, including new store openings, remodels, relocations, and closures. Associate to drive both planning and execution of Old Navy's real estate campaign across both in-store and external customer engagement vehicles.
oOld Navy's operational signage program and other non-promotional, evergreen signage projects as needed.
oOld Navy's Real Estate, Operations, and Store Design teams.
oOld Navy in-store cross channel experiences (e.g. order in stores, buy online pick up in stores, email acquisition signage, etc). Help drive these programs and bring them to life in a bolder way.
- Project manage all relevant in-store marketing collateral needs and updates from start to finish, including; creative and executional briefings, leadership approvals, proofing/editing, and detailed store communications. Ensure timelines are accurate and deadlines are met, and collateral accurately reflects the offering both in the store and through email communication.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional partners (Operations, Store Design, Merchandising, Creative, Print Production, Traffic and Oldnavy.com partners) to ensure alignment of marketing messages and flawless in-store execution.
- Stay abreast of changes/shifts in the business in order to react quickly to print and in-store collateral deadlines.
- Coordinate timelines and due dates for all projects and provide cross-functional updates as appropriate.
- Write detailed and informative store communication documents to ensure store associates are clear on the intent and strategy for collateral.
- Assume additional responsibility/projects during peak periods in the business as needed.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and are comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Solution-oriented approach to challenges and ability to dig in and find the answer with little direction Ability to see the "big picture" while remaining detailed-oriented.
- Cross functional team leader who can rally the troops.
- Ability to effectively communicate detailed information (especially written communication) across teams Self-initiative and ability to work independently to drive for results
- Strong organizational and time management / prioritization skills
- Excellent project management skills- ability to juggle small and large projects across multiple seasons Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to build strong partnerships with immediate team as well as cross-functional partners
- Must have clear and concise communication skills
- Have the ability to negotiate when needed
- Keen understanding of marketing concepts and development
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- 3-6 years Marketing experience either in house or agency experience – retail experience a major plus Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- BA/BS degree; preferred major in Business or Marketing
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Position is based at Old Navy headquarters in San Francisco, CA (Mission Bay)
Primary Location US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO Full-time
Old Navy Headquarters - Marketing / PR
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top