Associate Manager, Product Development, Women's Knits, Gap Brand
The Associate Manager of Product Development supports the product line creation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate and execute to merchandise strategies and financial targets. They work closely with local teams in New York as well as Sourcing and Product Development partners in Asia to deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing average unit cost.
- Operates as an Individual Contributor to communicate and execute a product development strategy that maintains Brand aesthetic and product quality, while maximizing cost efficiencies.
- Works cross-functionally with peers Managers/Associate Managers to drive a cohesive product strategy that adheres to divisional goals.
- Builds partnerships across functions and geographies.
- Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and divisional goals.
- Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances.
- Partner with leadership to leverage technical knowledge, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
- Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
- Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
- Understand and work with cross-functional teams to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance.
- Communicate with Asia-based teams to understand product execution issues and provide support in resolving them in a timely manner.
- Execute seasonal and monthly booking processes, in addition to supporting in-season product management.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Global Product Development experience or exposure to driving global product development and understands design. merchandising, and vendor/category management.
- 2-5 years' product development and/or production experience
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, and retail math.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a broader team.
- Change Management- experience leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
- Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Resourcefulness - experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top