Associate Manager, Product Development - Women's Knits, Banana Republic
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
The Associate Manager, Product Development will be accountable for supporting the Product Development team in building product, in partnership with Design, R&D, Tech Design, Merchandising & GIS, that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against brand standards.
- Maintain an understanding of our brand aesthetic and collaborate with Design to support the development of the product line
- Maintain an understanding of how certain raw materials perform when in garment form and offer input and recommendations based on VoC, vendor innovation, quality improvements, and competition
- Timely coordinate of good/better/best during sketch review, ensuring strategy is adhered to
- Share concerns/partner with Production Management team on potential issues and inputs to sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate the presentation of proto types, washes, testing results and cost options to Design in preparation for Alignment in partnership with R&D
- Coordinate preliminary costing and product options to solve for cost issues in alignment with cross functional partners & rolling up costing to meet AUC targets
- Help to identify and recommend RSC opportunities or opportunities to shorten lead times on product strategies
- Coordinate creation, tracking & maintenance of sample requests & BOMs through Product Adoption
- Track and recommend cost effective options to land on product requirements.
- Ensure timeliness of approvals/ product changes to meet deliveries through the development process
- Support or attend development trips to participate and collaborate on fit/quality and cost alignment/solves
- Help to identify opportunities for innovation for future/current seasons,
- Create and track open issues during Alignment and Development trips
- Attend critical fittings to see execution of product
- Ensure necessary system maintenance through development process
- 3 years of Production and Product Development experience
- 4 Year Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Manufacturing knowledge -- trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity.
- Garment production knowledge -- production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
- Retail math knowledge: AUC, AUR, IMU
- Good aesthetic, design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction
- Solid understanding of design process
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, web-based applications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong detail orientation and follow through skills
- Organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving /creative skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Ability to react to change and deal with ambiguity
- Solicit feedback/self-development
- Demonstrated drive for results
- Domestic & International travel required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top