Associate Manager - Product Development - Toddler Girls Knits
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
Accountable to build product, in partnership with Manager and Design, R&D, Tech Design, Merchandising & GIS, that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against brand standards while also monitoring adherence for development to Key Performance Indicators for raw material and sample requests.
Accountable to build a line with Design, that meets business requirements as briefed by Merchandising & Production. Deliver a line for bulk execution in line with class and departmental financial goals.
- Learning Agility
- Innovation Cultivator
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Attend seasonal fabric meetings and align on fabric and/or yarn identification and selection, in partnership with Design & R&D.
- Ensure fabric/silhouette pairings are appropriate and identify opportunity for innovation of construction standards to ensure consistency in experience and delivery of value to the customer, in partnership with Design and Tech Design
- Resolve potential manufacturing/costing issues prior to development of style to ensure quality execution in bulk
- Owns predictive hand-costing of product through BOM & sketch reviews
- Resolves any cost challenges and execution issues prior to product adoption
- Ensure line developed by Design aligns to customer feedback & preference, utilizing in-season analytics, in-store testing results, and consumer insights reporting
- Manage Bill of Materials throughout development process for product & costing accuracy
- Maintains filing system and record of approved components by season
- Acts as project manager across product teams in Design, R&D, Tech Design, and Merchandising
- Engage with Product Development Manager and Production Manager on Seasonal Sourcing Strategy
- Work with R&D team to drive raw materials development that aligns with rapid supply chain capabilities and cost-mitigation strategies
- Achieve seasonal financial goals by partnering with Manager and sourcing channels on cost engineering and vendor negotiations
- Roll-up and communicate seasonal costing analysis against financial targets and historical product lines
- Effectively resolve issues with cross-functional team in the development process with diplomatic, appropriate communication.
- Manage pre-season development timeline for cross-functional team
- Drives in-season color, quality, and sample approvals against bulk production delivery timelines
- In partnership with Design, hand off inspiration, samples and techniques to sourcing partners to drive product innovation with vendors
- 2-4 years Product Development or requisite experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Manufacturing -- trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity
- Fabric construction - mill timelines, fabric properties
- Garment production -- production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
- Excellent aesthetic, design and color sensibility to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction
- Solid understanding of design process
- Strong product curiosity
- Retail math: AUC, AUR, IMU
- Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, web-based applications
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Detail oriented with strong follow through
- Organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Influence others
- Negotiation skills
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Ability to react to change and deal with ambiguity
- Solicit feedback/self-development
- Emphasis on driving and influencing business processes
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top