Associate Manager Online Women’s & Men’s Styling – Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a globalapparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused ondelivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style thatendures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity andseek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe inseeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making ityour own. We live with style.
- Support Seasonal styling POV and function as an expert in the brand aesthetic, across men's and women's clothing and accessories categories.
- Overseeall freelance online stylists, both on-figure and product stylists, to ensure stylingaligns with the brand point of view.
- Createonline looks that really showcase the product and inspire the customer,balancing brand aesthetic, competitive landscape, merchandising strategies,marketing strategies and trend information.
- Createand manage the sample closet, ensuring the styling team has the best pieces towork with when creating looks.
- Supportthe styling team, in the studio and with marketing shoots, as necessary.
- Reviewwork daily to ensure consistently in brand message and style, note styling hitsand misses, and assign reshoots.
- Presentwork regularly, for approval, to manager and senior director.
- Createseasonal styling guides and styling-inspiration boards for online stylists thatsupports the brand message.
- Support development of seasonal product messages to deliver on seasonal brand objectives (marketing, merchandising, design)
- 4-6years' experience required in fashion/apparel industry, with extensive hands-onexperience.
- Musthave a multi-faceted styling skill-set across product, marketing and apparelcategories.
- Demonstrate understanding of the brand positioning and style aesthetic.
- Exhibits the strong communication skills needed to effectively obtain alignment, support, approvals, set direction or provide feedback on seasonal work.
- Demonstratesthe ability to balance sometimes-conflicting points of view fromcross-functional partners, in the course of obtaining approvals.
- Thrives as a member of a team, balancing many cross-functional duties.
- Has a strong work ethic and takes pride in all areas of work.
- Receivesfeedback with openness and a desire to achieve the best possible results.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top