Associate Manager, Marketing Strategy - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Associate Manager, Marketing Strategy is part of the Old Navy Marketing team.
- Marketing strategist responsible for strategic analysis, marketing plan support and strategy execution
- Leads seasonal hindsighting (store/site traffic, sales, etc.) and competitive analysis
- Partners with Finance team on seasonal benchmarking and ROI measurement
- Partners with Analytics team on media forecasting and optimization
- Supports in the development of annual and seasonal marketing plans, as well as category- or division-specific marketing plans
- Responsible for helping the department turn customer insights into action
- Support the development, execution and share-out of consumer insights
- Play a key role in audience segmentation, helping deliver more focused insights around target segments
- Support customer initiatives and the tactical execution of customer strategies (acquisition, retention)
- Performs ad hoc analyses that identify strategic opportunities for the brand utilizing data analysis, secondary research and competitive learnings
- Regularly presents strategic updates and insights and the department as well as cross-functional partners
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Minimum 3-5 years of marketing or consulting experience; some retail/apparel experience preferred
- Enjoys working in an analytic role but has the ability to use data to tell a story
- Comfortable performing strategic analysis on large data sets
- Proven history of selling in strategic ideas
- Ability to translate product, trend and merchandising information/strategies into marketable product messages
- Ability to balance creative and strategic deliverables
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – finance, brand management, creative, and merchandising
- Self-starter who can independently identify strategic opportunities and improve processes where necessary
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; flexible to changing priorities
- Detail-oriented, organized and self-motivate
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top