Associate Manager, Licensing & Third Party
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Meet the Team
The 3 rd Party and Licensing team is the sourcing organization within Gap Inc. managing the products bought from a third party or Licensing vendors as well as private label partnerships and special collection collaborations. We touch a huge number of product categories; licensed apparel, footwear and accessories, beauty, travel, jewelry and home all fall under our scope.
Our team provides end to end support - negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete production management. Due to the wide variety of vendors and product we handle, and the trouble-shooting nature of our role, we get to work with every node of the company, from finance and legal to logistics and product testing to packaging and marketing.
Characteristics of our team:
- Creative problem solvers
- Highly motivated
- Rockstar Business Partners
- Develop strong relationships with vendors and cross-functional teams
- Partner with merchants to discuss any new strategies/growth opportunities and recommend opportunities to support the proposed plans.
- Work as liaison between merchants and vendors in product development. Source new fabrics, techniques as needed.
- Partner with Sr.Manager/Manager to source new vendors as needed and manage vendor base.
- Review all products costing from vendors and negotiate to ensure that all goals are met each season.
- Maintain and update internal systems with product and costing information - - Enter and maintain accuracy of data within multiple internal systems: PLM, Bulk Uploader, Costing Tool, ACT, SCMS and Prompt
- Analyze seasonal assortment and create comprehensive cost recaps for cross-functional teams
- Finalize cost, confirm seasonal bookings with vendors, and pass off final bookings with complete details for purchase order creation.
- Ensure product integrity and safety by reviewing styles with Product Safety Regulations team, and analyzing failed test reports. Communicate exceptions to vendors and cross-functional team, ensuring Certificate of Compliance (COC) compliance
- Track all pre-production samples, review with merchants, and send approvals to vendors in timely manner
- Assist in sourcing new vendors as needed
- Assist with vendor onboarding to ensure that vendors are clear on Gap Inc. testing protocols, shipping requirements, invoicing etc.
- Build and roll-out seasonal calendars to all vendors and ensure deadlines are met - Communicate deliverables and changes in timelines to multiple business partners
- Quarterly store visits to audit product assortment and ensure quality consistency
- A passion for products such as Beauty, Personal Care and Gift ideas
- Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management, a plus.
- Minimum 2 -4 years of professional experience in product development, production, or sourcing roles
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn & utilize multiple systems for data pulling and enjoys this type of work
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience working with vendors or manufacturers
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to anticipate and adapt to change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- General understanding of retail math and/or comfortable with numbers
- Curiosity and ability to learn about new product categories quickly
- Detail oriented and highly motivated; proactive with work assignments
- Product Development - experience in driving product development and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
- Problem Solver - can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top