Associate Manager, Global Production - Banana Republic Factory Stores
The AssociateManager of Production actively participates as a member of a Global Productionteam that is responsible for communicating and executing Brand productstrategies in partnership with the fabric strategy team. He/She coordinates the activities of thedevelopment, sampling, and bulk execution which supports Design's vision whilemeeting or exceeding financial goals. He/She works within a cross-functional team that includes GlobalProduction peers, Gap International Sourcing, Global Design, Global TechnicalDesign, Global and Regional Merchandising, Regional Inventory Management.
ESSENTIALDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understanddivisional goals and work with team on execution of strategies
- Review, understandand recommend seasonal AUC targets, raw material guidelines, and fabricstrategies on a seasonal basis with supervisor
- Adhere to AUCtargets and material costing guidance sheet that enable production teams toguide design in developing product into good, better best pricing architectureby department
- Minimize and bringresolution to financial liabilities by presenting recommendations to supervisorand cross functional partners
- Ensure productmeets all brand filters, design aesthetic, quality and financial goals
- Support executionof GIS Category Sourcing Strategies
- Pre Production Management
- Understand, adhere to, and execute Brand pipelinecalendars and checklists
- Understanddesign's aesthetic requirements and collaborate with GIS and Product Integrity toensure sample development meets the Brand goals for quality and aesthetic whilemeeting AUC targets
- Monitor seasonaldevelopment meet Line Plan needs and Development metrics
- Execute fabric\product strategies that leverage the categoryacross the brand and company
- Partner withleadership to leverage technical knowledge and support to troubleshoot andresolve issues that are unique in nature and may require novel approach.
- Understand andwork with cross functional teams to deliver costing guidance that informs ifthe line plan needs are met
- Executeexception booking process
- Orderall sample fabric, trims, and styles for key milestone meetings by calendardeadlines
- Monitor on-time delivery of samples for milestonemeetings and report style level status and specifics to cross functional teams
- Ownand enter accuracy of data in BOM's inPLM
- Ensure costing accuracy in ACT and costing tool
- Ensure adhere to all Production SOPs
- Production Execution
- Participate in pre class process
- Review style tracker requests and adherence of cross functional teams to style tracker process
- Communicate fabric, style, sb and bas bookings and order confirmation with GIS.
- Work with supervisor and Gap International Sourcing, Global Design, Global Technical Design, Global and Regional Merchandising, Regional Inventory Management on Speed and Responsiveness initiatives and process in the development and execution process.
- Communicate with GIS to understand production execution issues and provide support in resolving them in a timely manner
- Communicate with Global and Regional Merchandising and Regional Inventory Management to solve production execution issues including late or short shipments
- Work with supervisor, Global Design and Global Merchandising on resolving Product Integrity, or Safety issues
- Work with supervisor, Global Design and Global Merchandising on aesthetic execution issues
- Understand and influence cross functional peers to maintain quality attributes for a category
- Demonstrate use and knowledge of Gap Inc. Vendor Handbook, Product Safety Manual and training and Product Integrity Technical Bulletins.
People and Relationship Management
- Create partnershipsacross functions.
- Develop directreports (where applicable) through:
- Formal training
- Behavioral(feedback, modeling)
- Utilization oftools
- Review IDP andPP&A's
- Build adevelopment plan with Supervisor.
- Developrelationship with Mentors, Peers, and all Sourcing Channels.
- Build leadershipskills
55 THOMAS STREET
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Production Manufacturing and product engineering, global trade regulations, global testing protocol, global product integrity, production cycle timeline, calendar management, fabric performance and garment/product construction
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Web-based applications.
- Understanding of cross-functional dependencies.
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Detail oriented with strong follow through; Organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
- Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
- Influence others; Negotiation skills
- Monitor employee performance (where applicable), provide feedback, and develop employees through formal and on-the-job training
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Ability to react to change
- Solicit feedback/self-development
- Make effective presentations
- Minimum educational level:
- 4 Year Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum experience:
- 2-4 Years Production/Manufacturing experience
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top