Associate Manager - Girls - Knits and Sweaters - Product Development
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
OVERVIEW The Associate Production Manager supports a Global Production Team, which is responsible for the financial and responsive execution of the strategy & direction for a single or multiple departments. He/she works closely within a cross-functional team that includes; Product Development, Gap Inc. Sourcing (GIS), Merchandising, Tech Services, and IM and Allocation, responsible for strategies to support financial and responsive Production Management.
• Learning Agility
• Innovation Cultivator
• Collaboration & Influencing
• Develop and manage relationships cross functionally and with overseas partners
• Manage self development by scheduling training and educational opportunities (e.g., factory visits, system/IT training, forms and reports) and develop relationship with mentors, peers and all sourcing channels
Product Strategy Management:
• Annual/Seasonal Strategic Planning:
o Forecast annual/seasonal placement and validate through the hindsighting process.
o Hindsight Fabric Platform, Rapid Response and Placeholder effectiveness in order to utilize the best strategies for the department o Work with Product Development and R&D to identify fabric platform opportunities
o In partnership with manager, support the seasonal development of the Sourcing Strategy document from Global Production for department(s)
• Seasonal Costing Plan:
o Build financial construct for the season, partnering with Product Development, Merchandising and IM.
o Partner with sourcing channels on seasonal costing to achieve financial goals. o Examine final order placement
o Develop action plans for post-placement open issues
Product Strategy Management:
• Facilitate weekly production update with cross-functional team
• Partner with sourcing channels and internal cross-functional teams to manage calendar adherence
• Provide technical manufacturing expertise to internal teams
• Analyze large sets of data to be able to present findings and recommendations to cross functional teams
• Manage monthly in-store quality assessment visits
• Investigate in-season quality issues and, in partnership with Product Development Manager, drive to resolution
Financial Management (In partnership with Product Development Manager)
• Minimize liabilities by developing solutions and presenting recommendations to cross-functional team
• Review Open To Buy issues identified by merchandising and execute an action plan to achieve financial goals with manager input
• Execute Vendor Management Inventory (VMI) and sales based rapid response (RR) initiatives to react to trends
• Prepare and execute Placeholder, chase and/or fast track strategies
• Review and hindsight product placement each season to incorporate learnings in future seasonal sampling recommendations
Who you are
• 2-4 years production experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of Manufacturing - trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity
• Knowledge of Garment production - production cycle timeline, fabric, and garment construction
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, web-based applications
• Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
• Detail oriented with strong follow through
• Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
• Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
• Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
• Participate in a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
• Make effective presentations
• Emphasis on driving and influencing business processes
• International travel required
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top