Associate Manager - Finance
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Take care of full set of book, periodic reporting, coordinating statutory audit, tax return and compliance for Hong Kong companies. To support business on finance operation and other ad hoc projects. As regional contact point to liaise with US head office to clarify and advise on Company finance policy and accounting treatment . To support other countries on accounting operations on ad hoc basis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Owner for month end closing. Organize and maintain appropriate accounting books and records.
- Prepare regular month end financial statements and reports such as accrual aging report, Cash Flow Forecast and prepare Balance Sheet Breakdown.
- Prepare management accounts, provide requested materials and liaise with auditors in preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Work with tax consultant to prepare income tax computation and other required compliance reports to government.
- To maintain the company finance policy and accounting treatment and to liaise with US head office for clarification when needed.
Continuous System or process improvement, this will include defining user requirement, process development and monitoring implementations.
- Degree holder in Accounting with accounting qualification of HKICPA or equivalent. Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in statutory & management reporting.
- Experience with MNC and Big 4 is a plus.
- Proficient in Oracle. Experience with track record in system implementation and process re-engineering
- Excellent PC skills on financial modeling, MS Excel, Vlookups and pivot tables, Power point.
- Good knowledge of US, HK GAAP; and knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirement is preferred.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English, fluent in spoken Mandarin.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process. Familiarity with financial accounting statements. Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures.
Back to top