Associate Manager, Fabric Research & Development of Knits & Sweaters - Banana Republic Factory Stores
GENERAL SUMMARY: Individual will assist in sourcing and developing knit fabrics that are aesthetically and cost appropriate for Banana Republic. Individual will also create and maintain fabric resource library to support seasonal inspiration as well as an archive of Banana Republic production fabric. Individual will also maintain brand fabric database (data entry into PLM) that is easily navigated by all functional areas..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in researching fabric trends by attending mill fabric appointments and fabric shows with Manager.
- Assist in creating fabric boards that represent seasonal Fabric trends.
- Work with design, production and GIS mill management offices to develop qualities that are cost appropriate for the season and fit Banana Republic's aesthetic.
- Support Manager in following up with design, production, mills and overseas offices on any fabric related issues
- Support product integrity by facilitating the testing of all fabrics prior to bulk order and reviewing test failures with manager.
- Assist in entering and maintaining fabric information in PLM and fabric reference books..
- Build an archive of continuity fabrics that have been approved and used in previous seasons to recommend to design.
- Manage receipt of new fabrics and file accordingly
- Maintain a library of fabrics that are representative of raw materials that could be used in bulk production that are brand appropriate.
- Ability to assist multiple divisions
- Monitor calendar to ensure on time deliverables.
55 THOMAS STREET
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Working technical knowledge of knit fabrics, with understanding of basic knitting constructions, weights, and contents
- Attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Strong communication skills with mills and overseas offices.
- Ability to work closely and partner effectively with designers and production.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic design and color sense.
- Basic computer knowledge, proficient in excel, word, and outlook email and calendar
2) Minimum educational level:
- College degree in fashion design textile or production related fields preferred.
3) Minimum experience:
- 1-2 year in textile industry working with fabrics and trims or similar field.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top