Associate Manager, Fabric R&D Knits - Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global appareland accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on deliveringversatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style thatendures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seekto make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe inseeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making ityour own. We live with style.
What We Do: TheAssociate Manager of Fabric supports leadership to leverage consumer insights,mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation,costing and positioning. He/She will enable the 'Fabric First' mentality andstrategy throughout the product-to-market process. He/She also works with MillManagement and Fabric Engineering teams in Asia to enable leadership directionbased on cross-functional strategies.
- Communicate fabric needs across the brand forleveraging opportunities; insure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricingarchitecture.
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered andcommunicate with the Mill management team Demonstrate a sound understanding ofdesign, merchandising, and product development priorities.
- Support fabric process discipline throughoutproduct-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from MillWeek to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
- Support the utilization of brand fabric liabilitiesto Design and Merchandising seasonally.
- Trackall components of the fabric and wash resource library to support seasonalinspiration as well as archive Gap Brand platformed fabrics.
- TrackFabric development KPIs and brand discipline on number of seasonaldevelopments.
- Supportfabric pricing guidelines for line plan.
55 THOMAS STREET
- FabricExpertise- experience with fabric and garment construction andmanufacturing/sourcing processes.
- ProblemSolver- experience using an analytical approach to solve problems.
- Planning& Prioritization- experience executing to set deadlines
- PersonalLeadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, andcollaboration across a broader team.
- DetailOriented- proven history of attention to detail with strong follow through
- ChangeManagement- experience leading without authority to influence others and drivedecision-making.
- LearningAgility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top