Associate Manager, Fabric R&D, GapFit, Gap Brand
The Associate Manager of Fabric supports leadership to leverage consumer insights, mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation, costing and positioning. He/She will enable the 'Fabric First' mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. He/She also works with Mill Management and Fabric Engineering teams in Asia to enable leadership direction based on cross-functional strategies.
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (reflects scope & complexity)
- Operates as an Individual Contributor to liaison between Design and Fabric Engineering teams to drive fabric development, innovation, costing, and positioning.
- Influences cross-functional team to drive adherence to platform fabric strategies
- Establishes and maintains critical partnerships with peers in Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Mill Managements, Fabric Engineering and Category Sourcing
- Communicate fabric needs across the brand for leveraging opportunities; insure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture.
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered and communicate with the Mill management team Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
- Support fabric process discipline throughout product-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from Mill Week to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
- Support the utilization of brand fabric liabilities to Design and Merchandising seasonally.
- Track all components of the fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration as well as archive Gap Brand platformed fabrics.
- Track Fabric development KPIs and brand discipline on number of seasonal developments.
- Support fabric pricing guidelines for line plan.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Fabric Expertise- experience with fabric and garment construction and manufacturing/sourcing processes.
- Problem Solver- experience using an analytical approach to solve problems.
- Planning & Prioritization- experience executing to set deadlines
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a broader team.
- Detail Oriented- proven history of attention to detail with strong follow through
- Change Management- experience leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
- Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top