Associate Manager, Fabric R&D, GapFit, Gap Brand
The Associate Manager of Fabric supports leadership to leverage consumer insights, mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation, costing and positioning. He/She will enable the 'Fabric First' mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. He/She also works with Mill Management and Fabric Engineering teams in Asia to enable leadership direction based on cross-functional strategies.
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (reflects scope & complexity)
- Operates as an Individual Contributor to liaison between Design and Fabric Engineering teams to drive fabric development, innovation, costing, and positioning.
- Influences cross-functional team to drive adherence to platform fabric strategies
- Establishes and maintains critical partnerships with peers in Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Mill Managements, Fabric Engineering and Category Sourcing
- Communicate fabric needs across the brand for leveraging opportunities; insure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture.
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered and communicate with the Mill management team Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
- Support fabric process discipline throughout product-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from Mill Week to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
- Support the utilization of brand fabric liabilities to Design and Merchandising seasonally.
- Track all components of the fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration as well as archive Gap Brand platformed fabrics.
- Track Fabric development KPIs and brand discipline on number of seasonal developments.
- Support fabric pricing guidelines for line plan.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Fabric Expertise- experience with fabric and garment construction and manufacturing/sourcing processes.
- Problem Solver- experience using an analytical approach to solve problems.
- Planning & Prioritization- experience executing to set deadlines
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a broader team.
- Detail Oriented- proven history of attention to detail with strong follow through
- Change Management- experience leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
- Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top