Associate Manager, Concept & Trend
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
As the Associate Manager of Concept and Trend, you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Manager in trend analysis and strategic concept direction both at the brand and divisional levels under the guidance and collaboration with the VPs of Design in completing the following requirements:
- Creating and collaborating on the seasonal blue print concept and trend decks with the SVP and VPs of Design to share out with the brand and cross functional teams
- Collaborate with designers during key milestone including blue print, sketch reviews, and adoption to steer current and future design concepts in a direction that is consistent with marketplace trends and appropriate for the brand as grounded in the brand platform.
- Define big idea/volume driving trends that positively impact the bottom line and enhance design integrity for the brand each season
- Anticipate global trends per season through international and domestic travel, shopping (retail and vintage), and market/consumer research.
- Conduct such research for trend direction and confirmation by utilizing and translating trend forecasting companies, fashion publications, on-line fashion site/blogs, trade show analysis, and through street reports from trend-forward cities domestic and abroad.
- Present relevant runway reports per season (track shifts within seasons) including big-theme breakdown and how it impacts the brand.
- Investigate category-specific research for detailed analysis on areas of concern (silhouette, fabric, color, & fit analysis in addition to competitor comparison) when needed.
- Assist the Senior Manager and VP's of Design in any special projects including but not limited to Fashion Week presentations, CFDA endeavors, external brand collaborations, trend reports, etc.
- Utilize frequent communication with editorial and retail contacts to determine emerging, trend forward developments in the fashion business.
- Partner closely with marketing team to better leverage concept and trend work and thread that work through the product lifecycle to ensure key themes translate in all channels of customer facing product outlets including and not limited to seasonal ads, PR lookbooks and write-ups, social and digital ads, etc.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
• Strong understanding of the brand aesthetic, customer, and brand platform
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top