Associate IT Administrator
At GapTech, we are obsessed with our customers’ success. The Technical Lead will provide excellent customer service and support that delights our internal customers at Gap Inc., and consistently strive to exceed expectations. Our internal customers work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment and any loss of productivity due to technical problems jeopardizes Gap Inc. business results.
This role is focused on providing exceptional IT support to our Design Teams, across geographical (campus) locations, and will require partnering with Gap Inc.’s outsourced help desk partner and global GapTech teams to resolve technical and process issues.
The primary focus of the Technical Lead is to ensure that the technology needs of our customers are being addressed proactively. All calls and requests are to be resolved within the agreed service level objectives and whenever possible, exceed agreed SLOs. If an issue can’t be resolved in accordance with the SLO, clear and timely communication with Customer Support Manager and customer explaining the impediment and resolution timeline is required.
The Technical Lead will develop close cross-functional relationships to understand the basic technical aspects of the tools they specialize in, and how our customers use them in their day-to-day work. They will provide training/resolution for the most common problems (such as physical layer issues, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verification of proper hardware and software set up, and assistance with navigating around application menus) through interactions at our Tech Bar, 10 Minute Tech sessions, as well as individual sessions and workshops.
This role also involves scheduled after hours support, as well as periodic off-site support for business partners at the executive level, including meetings /conferences, as well as in-home configurations. If issues cannot be resolved by the Technical Lead, they are responsible for engaging the appropriate Gap Tech teams, or vendors, in order to quickly and efficiently resolve outstanding issues.
- Provide exceptional IT support to our internal customers, and ensure an overall high level of customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure service levels for customers are met, and exceeded – identify opportunities for improvements and implement these as agreed.
- In partnership with other GapTech team members, manage the testing, configuration, installation and repair of IT related equipment (hardware and software) used by the teams you support.
- Provide support for the most common problems through the Tech Bar, individual sessions and workshops.
- Ensure internal customers are kept informed with updates in regards to the status of any outstanding call they have placed with the IT Service Desk or any other GapTech team.
- Ensure the new employee laptop set up process for your business function teams is optimal; review/update on a regular basis.
- Serve as an immediate escalation point for technical operations and process issues
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the technical aspects of the tools your business team’s use, and for best practices related to installation process and issue resolution.
- Identify best practices and opportunities for improving technical/business process, and share the information cross-functionally.
- Identify patterns of recurring service, operational, process and technical issues, and work to correct them.
- Take ownership of more complex issues and drive for resolution/completion; investigate the root cause and implement improvements to reduce future occurrences.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with business teams, and domain counterparts at many levels of the organization.
- Provide well-articulated, business-oriented responses to customer queries regarding IT within their areas of expertise and solicit answers from others as necessary
- Provide ‘off-hours’ support during busy periods of time when the business has aggressive deadlines
- Responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with all Gap Tech / vendor support personnel in order to foster a collaborative environment
- Represent GapTech in the best possible light to our business partners – demonstrate professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills in all interactions with our customers
- Above all, keep in mind we support people not technology
Competencies, skills and experience
- Customer Success obsessed
- Deadline oriented, high sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proactive communications style
- Proven customer service experience required
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative essential
- Able to manage competing demands, prioritize work and keep stakeholders informed throughout
- Expertise in MS Windows 7 & 8, OSX, iOS, MS Office 2007/2013/365
- Advanced knowledge of Macintosh (Mac OSX and OSX server), OS installation, OS X configuration and troubleshooting, Apple Remote Desktop, cloning OSX desktop, and deploying virtual desktops
- Working knowledge of mobile devices (Android, iPad and iPhone)
- Working as part of a team and on an individual basis, to meet operational targets set by management
- Proven capability of troubleshooting and problem solving in a technical environment
- Experience in supporting AccuMark – Pattern Design; Adobe CC, and Coyote Pattern Design; NedGraphics; and Optitex Fashion Design software, and Gerber Technology plotters, and digitizers
Minimum Education Level
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- At least 4 years IT services and support experience gained in a large multiple outlet organization, preferably retail industry.
- Strong experience in providing 1st/2nd line IT support.
- Previous customer service experience required
Back to top