Associate Designer, Wovens
INTERMIX is your destination for the most sought-after styles from an edited selection of coveted designers. We're known for mixing on-trend pieces in unexpected ways while delivering a unique point of view and personal approach to shopping and styling.
We're always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for retail for our boutiques and corporate office.
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative?
As an Associate Designer, you will join the Merchandising, Design and Product Development team. You will collaborate with the Design Director and Design Team and work within the product development time and action calendar to develop, design, and execute private label merchandise for the Intermix Brand direct and retail channels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with Designers to research market for relevant trend, color, print, trim and fabric
- Provide support to Senior Designer in the creative development and execution of new product
- Develop key trends and seasonal theme direction for silhouette and fabric appropriate to the woven and cut-and-sew classification and for the Intermix brand for collaboration with the Merchant Team.
- Assist in the preparation of sketches for product line selection and technical line drawings for use in technical packages
- Create first proto sample package and development linesheet to facilitate initial sampling, update bill of materials throughout the process.
- Communicate with vendors daily on all design details, complete and update design bill of materials to meet key deadline date seasonally
- With Designers and Buyer, evaluate all first proto samples for adoption, document and record any discrepancies for future use in fit sessions
- Own print development and re-coloring, communicating instructions and strike-off comments to print vendor
- Prepare color standards for lab-dips, and follow-up accordingly with comments upon lab-dip receipt
- Source and organize fabric and trim library, following-up with mills on pricing and new developments
- Create and update Design Boards
- Follow development calendar closely to ensure all deadlines are met
- Assist in the preparation and execution of sample presentations, prior organization, helping book and dress models, etc.
- College Degree - BS/BA in Apparel/Fashion Design & 2+ years' experience
- Wovens experience a must, cut-and-sew a plus
- Strong understanding of color, print & design
- Hands on design experience, flat sketching ability & illustration skills a plus
- Strong organizational Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other CAD software
- Fashion influencer - ability to interpret trend appropriate for the Intermix customer
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Portfolio a must
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top