Associate Designer - Women's Woven Dresses
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
- Participates in the conceptual development of product lines
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends, as well as, business strategy
- Will work with and sometimes direct "design ecosystem," inclusive of in-house designers and vendor partnerships, to create product that is brand right, aspirational, and commercially viable
- Responsible for specing new designs
- Responsible for details on design of product, including preparing and updating sketches and specifications
- Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis
- Involvement in sample fits and line edits
- Recommends revisions/colorways on stripes, plaids and prints
- Assists in fabric and trim development
- Meets independently with vendors
- 2 - 4 years of Design experience
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program)
- Solid understanding of design process
- Solid flat sketching skills
- Good design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements
- Demonstrated time management and communication skills
- BA in Fashion Design or related field preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top