Associate Designer, Men's Sportswear & Tailored - Banana Republic
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: Under general supervision, assists in designing product line that is consistent with a season's theme. Works more independently in creating and executing the design for a limited area of responsibility. Work is reviewed by manager on a periodic basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for researching domestic markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for "specing" a new design.
- Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
- Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis.
- Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Assists in fabric and trim development.
- Can meet independently with vendors
55 THOMAS STREET
- Solid understanding of design process
- Previous Sweater experience required
- Solid flat sketching skills
- Good design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills
- General computer knowledge
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- 2-4 years design experience.
- Ability to use personal computer.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top