Associate Designer, Boys' Knits, Gap Brand
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design.We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for specing a new design.
- Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
- Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis.
- Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Assists in fabric and trim development.
- Can meet independently with vendors.
55 THOMAS STREET
- 2 to 4 years design experience.
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
- Solid understanding of design process.
- Solid flat sketching skills.
- Good design and color sense.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.).
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements.
- Time management / communication skills.
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top