Associate Designer, Accessories (Handbags) - Banana Republic
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsiblefor researching domestic markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics,techniques, etc.
- Participatesin the conceptual development of product lines.
- Assistsin ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as businessstrategy.
- Responsiblefor "specing" a new design.
- Responsiblefor details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches andspecifications.
- Coordinatessample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered ona timely basis.
- Increasedinvolvement in sample corrections and line edits.
- Recommendsrevisions/color ways on prints.
- Assistsin material and trim development.
- Canmeet independently with vendors.
55 THOMAS STREET
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Workingtechnical knowledge of trims and trim materials
- Attentionto detail and extremely organized.
- Strongcommunication skills with vendors and suppliers and overseas offices.
- Abilityto work closely and partner effectively with design and production.
- Stronginterpersonal skills.
- Basicdesign and color sense.
- Basiccomputer knowledge, proficient in excel, word, and outlook email and calendar
2) Minimum educational level:
- Collegedegree in fashion textile design or production related fields preferred.
3) Minimum experience:
- 1-2 year in textile industry working with trims/raw materials or similar field.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top