Associate Designer, Accessories (Handbags) - Banana Republic
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsiblefor researching domestic markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics,techniques, etc.
- Participatesin the conceptual development of product lines.
- Assistsin ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as businessstrategy.
- Responsiblefor "specing" a new design.
- Responsiblefor details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches andspecifications.
- Coordinatessample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered ona timely basis.
- Increasedinvolvement in sample corrections and line edits.
- Recommendsrevisions/color ways on prints.
- Assistsin material and trim development.
- Canmeet independently with vendors.
55 THOMAS STREET
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Workingtechnical knowledge of trims and trim materials
- Attentionto detail and extremely organized.
- Strongcommunication skills with vendors and suppliers and overseas offices.
- Abilityto work closely and partner effectively with design and production.
- Stronginterpersonal skills.
- Basicdesign and color sense.
- Basiccomputer knowledge, proficient in excel, word, and outlook email and calendar
2) Minimum educational level:
- Collegedegree in fashion textile design or production related fields preferred.
3) Minimum experience:
- 1-2 year in textile industry working with trims/raw materials or similar field.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top