Associate Art Director, Retail Design - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
This position is responsible for the creative design of all printed materials relating to the Retail experience. This is including but not limited to: in-store seasonal and evergreen campaigns, window installations, seasonal and evergreen packaging, and materials related to PR and Community events. The Assoc. AD for Retail is a critical partner to the Brand Strategy and Visual Merchandising team, working collaboratively to understand the seasonal strategies and execute the most impactful brand expression in our physical spaces. The graphic designer for Retail will report into this position.
- Excellent design skills with an ability to understand how creative will execute on various substrates
- Strong understanding of how to best interpret a brand big idea for the retail space, understanding the needs and specific requirements of the physical store space
- Proven creative leader with multiple years of experience and strong conceptual and presentation skills
- Highly organized with a strong ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and to help lead the team through conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication skills that facilitate a positive, efficient work environment
- Highly creative and curious. Ability to demonstrate forethought and understands the competitive landscape
- Strong ability to run collaborative meetings and provide redesign direction based on feedback
ONE HARRISON STREET
Appreciation of and interest in the Athleta brand and the athletic spirit
Enthusiasm for and knowledge of apparel
Ability to manage, motivate teams to complete projects
8+ years of design experience, preferable related to retail stores.
Minimum 3 years project and people management experience
Ability to conceptualize
Team player, flexibility and ability to wear multiple "hats" when necessary
Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Ability to build strong partnerships within visual merchandising and brand strategy teams
Strong aptitude in anticipating and following production processes and timelines.
Ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
Must work well in a deadline driven environment
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
Minimal travel required.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top