Associate Art Director, Digital - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we’re always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power to the She
Location: This position will flex between Petaluma and SF locations until Feb 2017, at which time it will be based in San Francisco Full time
The Digital Assoc. Art Director will focus on designing pre-season concepts, branding, catalog, web & email design, including all iterations of the site needs for each season. This position will collaborate with the Creative Director and Marketing team to build visuals and introduce new ideas to bring each seasonal strategy to life.
- Partner with Web team to build seasonal digital campaigns for the technology vehicles, focusing on web site and emails
- Partner with Creative Director and Marketing on visual branding of each season
- Concept and design for all aspects of the site, home pages, banners, category pages, emails
- Partner with web marketing to understand big ideas and brand initiatives for the season
- Appreciation of and interest in the Athleta brand and the athletic spirit
- Knowledge of the development process of the site
- Strong creative background. Min. requirement of 5 years experience with digital media design. Experience with apparel retailing a plus
- Sophisticated and modern graphic design and typography skills
- Ability to conceptualize
- Understanding of all current digital technology in the marketplace
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong aptitude in anticipating and following production processes and timelines.
- Ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment. Fast, efficient and strong work ethic
- Relevant portfolio of recent work
- Ability to present visual concepts at all levels; excellent artistic and organizational skills
- Experience with digital photography and editing software
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photo Shop, Illustrator
- Understanding of Flash and/or HTML a plus
Back to top