Assistant Web Producer
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Assistant Producer is responsible for supporting the overall operations and quality assurance of the websites. They will test and provide feedback to producers and marketing for site and email content. The Assistant Producer owns the setup and approval of site marketing content groups using the Gap, Inc. content management system. They're also responsible for working with 3 rd party vendors to upload assets for email builds and translations as well as assisting with weekly reporting. The Assistant Producer will also produce small-scale marketing campaigns as assigned. This role will primarily be supporting promo content, but will also support the editorial team in terms of QA and calendar alignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Website & Email
Requires day-to-day management of the following website & email components:
- Works within content management tool to set up the build information for all scheduled website updates.
- Responsible for various website & email testing including; linking QA, correct content, browser compatibility etc. and communicating out issues to Production team.
- Assists with agenda for creative review meetings and final sign-off of website content with other Production team members.
- Partners with 3 rd party email vendor to deliver files and documents necessary to distribute marketing emails on a regular basis.
- Partners with 3 rd party translation vendor to deliver files and documents necessary to distribute marketing projects on a regular basis.
- Responsible for QA testing promotional codes to ensure that codes are working correctly and troubleshooting as needed with promo lead and marketing business partners.
- Responsible for pulling weekly reports for cross-functional workload check-ins.
- Produces small scale marketing campaigns as assigned.
Site Features/Customer Experience
- Assists team on various projects to help improve the overall site experience.
- May be asked to assist with special projects as needed.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Familiarity with Internet technologies and web-based content publishing, production, and UI issues helpful.
- Willingness to learn web production and release processes, including website tools and technologies.
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work independently with a constant sense of ownership for the quality assurance of site.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and web-based tools like Google docs.
2) Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
3) Minimum experience:
- 1-2 years online experience in testing or in a web production environment useful, but not required.
- 1+ years experience in an Internet environment. Retail eCommerce experience a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top