Assistant Visual Manager - Princes St
GENERAL SUMMARY: As a member of the store's leadership team the Associate Visual Manager through strong communication and influencing skills and a hands on focused attitude drives the visual strategy and standards within the store. The Visual Manager will create a visually stunning store through implementing and elevating the brand guidelines and developing and coaching the visual team. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Drives Business Results Drives the analysis of performance through the business KPI's. Maintains awareness of competition and reacts appropriately through visual solutions. Increases KPIs through effective product presentation and store merchandising. Is confident with using in store sales reports in order to explain product and layout moves. Frequently references in store sales reports to react to business needs and create working templates for the visual team. Has ability to challenge and drive the in store visual proposition to maintain brand integrity while not compromising commerciality. Influences store strategy by working closely with store manager/ team to align visual goals with that of the store and district. Has a 3 to 6 month view of the business and forward plans for flows, corporate visual ideas and succession planning for visual team. Knows all stores KPIs and targets, how the store is performing to those targets and has plans in place to achieve results in all areas of influence. Balances driving sales, achieving tasks with protecting the bottom line in all resource decisions. Prioritises daily and weekly tasks to deliver results to support the store manager in protecting the bottom line. Demonstrates ability to influence at Store Manager/ District Manager and District Visual Coordinator level to agree key visual decisions in store. Ambassador for the Store and Brand Delivers outstanding visual presentation and effective merchandise and inventory management. Brand standards are delivered to a high standard through appropriate discretion for store environment. Coaches the visual and store team through providing up to date brand guidelines. Can manage teams across 4 brands within one store environment. Inspires Team Supports the Store Manager to provide outstanding leadership to the store team generating high levels of motivation and commitment. Ensures the team have up to date and relevant product knowledge and adequate selling skills and has expert product and knowledge insight. Encourages an open environment for ideas and innovation. Builds a strong working relationship with store team and District Manager to influence key visual decisions. Sets clear objectives and measures for the team, monitors process, progress and results. Gives focus to the team on visual priorities. Sets development goals for visual team at Associate and Supervisor level and oversees their ongoing development. Is aware of own areas of strengths and development needs and sets goals in partnership with store manager and DVC, using IDP to drive development. Fosters open dialogue with DVC and supports the role as part of own development. Ensures Compliance Holds store team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance. Takes responsibility for stock management around sell through, new product and supporting the replenishment system. Supports the store manager in the operations of the store. Leads efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through education, awareness and compliance. Ensures supply chain efficiency through data integrity in store. Delivers effective payroll management in the store.
- Demonstrates visual merchandising and display skills at a senior or management level and has ability to train and coach others.
- Demonstrates creative skills and ability to coach in mannequin styling.
- Demonstrates creative skills and visual understanding of layout interpretation and fixture placement.
- Can articulate and feedback creative solutions at management level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to plan effectively to respond to changes in priorities.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on visual merchandising skills.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and handle multiple competing demands.
- Strong knowledge of a similar retail environment at senior or manager level.
- Demonstrated management skills as an Associate Manager or Supervisor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business may require weekends and evening shifts. Overnights may be required.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top