Assistant Store Leader - Meatpacking
INTERMIX is your destination for the most sought-after styles from an edited selection of coveted designers. We're known for mixing on-trend pieces in unexpected ways while delivering a unique point of view and personal approach to shopping and styling.
We're always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for retail for our boutiques and corporate office.
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative?
As the Intermix Assistant Store Leader, you are a critical leadership partner - a "co-pilot" to the Store Leader and someone the store staff can rely on for guidance and growth. You will partner with the Store Leader to create a highly productive environment in which customers have an extraordinary experience, employees are able to do their best and the business thrives. You are primarily accountable for developing and maintaining staff selling and service skills, in addition to the day-to-day operations of running a successful business with an authentic approach.
Leadership and People Management
- Model behavior that reflects the company's core values
- In partnership with SL, manage overall team performance & growth
- Hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence
- Recognize contribution of others and celebrate success
- Manage and monitor team morale & talent retention
- Provide clear feedback and regular coaching
- Foster team's ongoing growth & development through both training & on-the-job learning
- Manage performance, handle issues & resolve conflict in a calm, objective & fact-based manner
- Assist in recruitment, selection and on-boarding of store staff
- Partner with SL to execute effective store communications, ensuring that staff is involved & updated
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth
Deliver the Customer Experience
- Lead by example; train, guide and coach staff on selling & service skills, driving them to create transformational customer experiences & exceed sales targets
- Partner with the SL to create the customer journey in your store - customize it for your customer demographic & manage your team to develop & maintain productive customer relationships
- Build a strong consignment business in your store
Represent the Brand
- Emulate the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude
- In partnership with the SL, oversee the development of clientele by implementing strategic initiatives that build our customer base & increase repeat business
- In partnership with the SL, take ownership for maintaining the Intermix aesthetic across all touch points including associate presentation, dress code, visual standards, maintenance and merchandising to create a fully branded environment
- Understand the importance of efficient store operations & support the SL in achieving this
- Consistently adhere to all operational procedures
- Take ownership for accuracy of information entered in POS & other technology as required
- Enforce our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork (including but not limited to payroll & time/attendance, employee changes & employee discipline)
- Protect our assets by adhering to all loss prevention and operational policies & procedures
- Communicate merchandise needs to SL to support sales
- Ensure strong partnership with your SL to ensure alignment & timely two-way communication
Drive the Business and Deliver Results
- In partnership with the SL, ensure the store is on target to achieve financial targets through monitoring and improvement of measureable statistics that drive the business
- Monitor team sales targets & other metrics, provide feedback and analysis to the SM
- In partnership with the SL, manage your people resources to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage and customer engagement; adjust schedules as necessary
- Ensure disciplined control of payroll expenses
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus)
- 3-5 years of management experience in a luxury or service driven environment
- Prior experience as a GM/SM a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top