Assistant Product Manager
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
FOCUS: Responsible for supporting the divisional PM Lead on all aspects of the seasonal product pipeline. Work closely with Design team and all product functions to help drive the development process, efficiencies and priorities to hit brand milestones and to ensure success of the operating model.
- Support design led projects and process, inclusive of licensing and 3 rd Party
- Coordinate rooms/supplies, samples and working tools for meetings, as needed
- Daily/Seasonal calendar management and communication of upcoming deliverables to design team
- Attend weekly CFT meetings and help to manage open design issues that arise
- Attend weekly divisional design staff meetings
- Own seasonal pg/cc counts on development metrics worksheet
- Help manage seasonal development ratios and communication of overdevelopment
- Manage PM seasonal archive for Women's division
- Organize PM drive and keep up to date
- Have a thorough understanding of our customer, brand filters and the competitive landscape
KICK-OFF and KICK-OFF PREP
- Assist with tactical kick-off set up
- Schedule working sessions and leadership reviews through Outlook
- Prepare and provide necessary tools for cross-functional working sessions
- Attend working sessions and provide support where needed
- Trip preparation, including management of working tools and any misc support
QUARTERLY PRODUCT REVIEW
- Coordinate with freelancers and partner with design to complete InDesign line sheets (pre & post-QPR)
- Prep meeting rooms/supplies, manage staging and communicate set-up game plan with cross-functional teams
- Partner with technical design to book models for milestone meetings as needed (adult only)
- Document, organize and archive key looks
- Participate in sample review with CFT during category working sessions
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Product Development and/or Merchandising
- College degree preferred
- Excellent leadership and business management skills
- Excellent ability to merchandise and assort parts of a collection
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top