Assistant Merchandiser, Women's Woven Tops - Banana Republic
Gap Inc. is looking for an Assistant Merchandiser, Women's Woven Tops - Banana Republic
- Contribute to the success of the Department through executing seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit’s financial goals across both stores and online channels.
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class to maximize sales and margin across all channels.
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting customer experiences via digital and brick and mortar channels.
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks for online and in stores.
- Understand competitive environment across online and brick and mortar stores; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Influence others to achieve results; leadership presence.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution, Site Merchandising).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of retail buying experience.
- Current/previous experience as Assistant Merchandiser or current MA; passion for a career in Merchandising!
- Proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills; able to manage competing priorities
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Product point of view & conviction in it; yet open-minded.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented.
Back to top