Assistant Merchandiser, Women’s Sweaters – Banana Republic Factory Store
Who We Are: Banana Republic offers versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. How we create our product is just as important as what we create. Details matter. We strive to make it easy, include and inspire our customers and each other every day, be curious, be honest and kind, unleash creativity and greatness every day and tread lightly on the world.
What We Do: The Assistant Merchandiser is a member of the Banana Republic Factory Store Merchandising Team responsible for merchandising our products in our franchise stores globally as well as our online site. Strong product merchandising and analytic skills are key to ensure success in this role.
- Contribute to the success of the Department through executing seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals.
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence.
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
- Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Influence others to achieve results; leadership presence.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of retail buying experience.
- Current/previous experience as Assistant Merchandiser or current MA; passion for a career in Merchandising!
- Proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills; able to manage competing priorities
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Product point of view & conviction in it; yet open-minded.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top