Assistant Merchandiser Women's Non-Apparel & Accessories - Old Navy
Execute seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals. Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence. Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences. Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks. Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets. Influence others to achieve results. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution).
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent.
- 1-2 years of retail buying experience.
- Experience as an Assistant Merchandiser or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top