Assistant Merchandiser, Women's Graphics - Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
- Execute seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals.
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence.
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
- Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Influence others to achieve results.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution).
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent.
- 1-2 years of retail buying experience.
- Experience as an Assistant Merchandiser or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top